This parcel includes the site of the West Barnstable Brick Company that was closed in 1932. With lovely views of the Great Marsh, we are proud to add the property to our growing list of sanctuaries. The area of the actual brickyard is behind a popular gift shop on Route 6A, with potential walking trails that were the cart paths to the factory and a freshwater pond formed from an artesian well created by a test hole to determine the amount of clay present. That same well flooded all the clay pits and forced the company out of business. Orenda received this property through a kind donation from the Pogorelc family.